Sunday, June 12, 2011

A couple of bags to Georgia

I made these two for one of my daughter's college friends - so, come tomorrow, they will be in the mail on the way to Georgia - hope you like them HS!

I really liked the fabric in the "fat quarter" bundle I used in the first bag - kind of proud of the extras - zipper top that is also stitched into place on the ends.  I made a fabric covered button to accent the handle.  The quilting on the body pieces is flowers....












The canvas bag (two pics below) is reversible.   I started with a pattern, but emprevised along the way - consequently there are a couple of things I would do differently next time, but over all I like the outcome.   I would change the straps - merge them into one instead of two, and I would adjust the pockets - when I placed them on the bag pieces, I didn't figure in the bottom of the bag so the pockets wrap around the bottom of the bag.  Just a hidden compartment, right?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment