Friday, September 11, 2015

A fun evening of making baby bibs!

The baby (grandson number 2) is just starting cereals, so mommy wants a few bibs and can't find the ones from older brother.   "Not many, just 6-10" she said. Last night I had a wonderful time sewing up these five!  

I just love these fabric.  So bright and cheerful.  I took two separate fat quarter bundles -one of flannel material for the backs of the bibs, and one of cotton quilting fabric for the fronts of these bibs. Not of related fabric lines, I thought they worked together very nicely.  Still plenty of fabric left for other small projects.  Tonight I'll pick a couple to make what the daughter called a "suck pad" -it wraps around the carrier straps that baby's like to chew/suck on while being "worn" by mommy ( just google "baby wearing" - it's such a big deal among young parents, there's even a non-profit organization dedicated to it-I had no idea.) 

I had a Single fat quarter of the Halloween fabric and used another of the flannel pieces for the back of it.  I just love Halloween - and they'll get nearly two months of use out of it before Halloween passes.

And I saw this really cute bandana/recycled blue jean material bib online.  I did it slightly different - I like mine better.  But I don't think we'll get the full effect until a washing or two when the fabric frays a bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment