Friday, January 19, 2018

Can you Believe it's 2018?

I do really stink at this blogging thing. It's been so long that I actually had trouble getting logged in and there was a whole new 'theme' to blogger's landing page!! I intend to post many many pictures of 2017 projects so come on back very soon!!

Let's just start, however, with my favorite of the year!  The Speedway Main Street T-shirt quilt.  I made this for the Chamber of Commerce auction in November 2017.  It now hangs in the Yogulatte shop on Main Street!  Lot's of fun making this one! (Lighting is much better where it's hanging now!)



Oh - and Grandma brag - - - grandson's/family project for preschool - a 100 day t-shirt.  granson #1 is crazy about Mario Bros (oh, so is grandson #2... well...).  As much of my inspiration does, I got this idea from Pinterest.  I think ours looks better, but then it also had more of an adult hand in it, though the boys did place the gold coins on the shirt.  So, I found an embroidery design of Mario and I made the pipe appliques as they were pretty easy without a pattern.  The coins are made from iron on glitter material I found at Michael's and punched with a 1 inch circle punch.  Then Grandson #1 and I sat at the dining table to put the coins on the shirt - we were soon joined by grandson #2, "me put coins on"....


No comments:

Post a Comment